Here is the recipe I shared on this weeks Facebook live with The Vegan Chef School. These little protein packed quiche cups are super easy to make and will be enjoyed by all.
Rainbow Quiche Cups
These yummy little quiche cups are the perfect veggie packed snack that can be enjoyed hot or cold. They are easy to make and they taste just as amazing the next day. This recipe is a fantastic way to use up your leftover veg and reduce food waste.
- 280 g Firm Tofu (1 small pack)
- 150 ml Soy Milk (or any plant based milk)
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 2 tsp Corn starch (you can use potato starch as an alternative)
- 1 t onion powder (optional)
- ¼ tsp Turmeric
- ½ tsp Seas Salt or Black Salt
- Black pepper
- 1 tsp of oil to cook with (optional)
- I will be using:
- 1 spring onion
- ¼ of a red pepper
- ¼ of a green pepper
- Red Cabbage
- 2-3 Mushrooms
- Half a carrot -Finally add a pinch of kindness
Note-Use whatever vegetables you have as a filling
- Preheat the oven to 180°c – 350°f – Gas Mark 4
- Chop all of the veg into small pieces and grate the carrot.
- Add the tofu, soy-milk, nutritional yeast, corn-starch, onion powder, turmeric, salt and pepper to the food processor and blend until smooth.
- Heat up a frying pan, and cook off the veg. If not using oil, be careful not to add too much water to deglaze the pan, as we want to cook out the moisture from the veg.
- Once the veg is cooked, pour the tofu mixture into the pan and mix until the vegetables are evenly distributed.
- Evenly pour the mixture into the silicone cases, or cupcake baking tray holes.
- Place in the centre of the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and firm. (There will be a springy feeling when you gently push on the top of each quiche cup and they will firm up even more once cooled).
- Allow to cool. Carefully tip them out of the cases as soon as possible, as moisture will build up.
- You can eat right away as an addition to a meal or as a snack, or keep them in an air tight container in the fridge to enjoy later.