The sunshine is finally back here in Manchester so I wanted to share a quick, light lunch you can enjoy in the garden. It takes no more than 15 minutes to make and is light and bright…. Just what you need! The pesto is wholefood and oil free and I prefer to make it with wholemeal pasta but this pesto will bring any pasta to life. Happy cooking everyone and don’t forget to add a pinch of kindness to make every meal special.
Basil Pesto Pasta
A fresh, light, Italian-inspired pasta recipe.
- 50g fresh basil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 30g pine nuts plus extra for decoration
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 4 tbsp water
- 1 avocado
- ½ tsp salt
- Juice of ¼ of lemon
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 200g spaghetti or any pasta of your choice
- 200g of heritage tomatoes
- Pinch of kindness
- Cook spaghetti/pasta as directed on the packet.
- While the pasta is cooking, add all of the pesto ingredients into a small food processor and blend into a paste.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain the water and add the pesto to the pan. Stir until the pasta is fully coated in the silky pesto.
- Finally, add the pasta to a bowl, top with chopped heritage tomatoes and sprinkle with pine nuts.