I love making my own wraps. I like to know what’s in my food, so by making my own I can control everything that’s going into them. These wraps are so easy to make. You only need 5 simple ingredients and they are better than those that come in a packet. Use them to make fajita, burritos and even nachos. Check out my loaded nachos recipe here.
This recipe is for plain wraps so feel free to add in spices and veg powders (ie beetroot powder), to mix up the flavour and colour.
5 Ingredients Vegan Wraps
Light, flexible wraps that only need 5 ingredients to make.
- 320g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 tsp of oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 250 ml warm/hot water
- In a large bowl, sieve in the flour and baking powder then sprinkle in the salt
- In a jug add 250 ml of hot water and 4 tsp of oil. (I boil the kettle and mix boiling water with some cold water… think hot bath temperature)
- Finally add the wet ingredients to the dry and kneed for 5 minutes. The dough will be sticky to begin with, but will become soft and fluffy the more you kneed it.
- Split the dough into 10 equal pieces. You can weigh the dough and divide the weight by 10 to make each wrap the same size.
- Heat up a chapatti pan or large non stick frying pan.
- Roll each piece into a ball. Lightly flour a clean surface and use a rolling pin to roll out your wraps. Roll them as thin as you can, until they are almost translucent.
- You can roll each wrap as one is cooking and get a small production line going to save time. Once the wraps is cooked, place it on a tea towel and cover. This will stop the wraps becoming soggy from the steam as you stack them up.
- Cook each wrap for one minute on each side. They will puff up as steam builds up inside, so take care when flipping them over.
- Once cooked they are ready to eat, or you can keep them in an airtight bag/container for a few days. If you want to batch cook, you can always freeze the wraps in an airtight container for up to a month. Make sure you fully defrost them before reheating.