Who says vegans can’t eat cheese?! This post is all you need to debunk that silly lie. I created this recipe to complete our lock-down birthday celebrations with afternoon tea. We all know a quintessential afternoon tea, has to have scones. However, I personally prefer savoury treats, so the only possible solution to that problem, was cheese.
These cheese scones are just heavenly and they can be enjoyed plain or with toppings such as chutneys or spreads. If you make them please be sure to share your pictures with my by using #pinchofkindness or tagging @pinchofkindness on Facebook and Instagram.
Vegan Cheese Scones
For my fellow savoury lovers, this recipe is for you. These cheesy scones are easy and fun to make and will definitely become one of your go to treat recipes. Enjoy!
- 250g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 60g butter
- 125g grated cheese
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 70ml milk
- 4-6 tbsp cold water
- pinch of kindness
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C 400 ° F Gas Mark 6
- Line a baking tray with Greece proof paper.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt and paprika to a large mixing bowl and mix together.
- Add the butter to the dry ingredients and rub together with fingers, creating bread crumb texture.
- Next mix in the cheese followed by the milk.
- Add a table spoon of water at a time until all of the ingredients create a dough.
- Roll out the dough between ¾ to 1 inch thick and use a cookie cutter to create the scones. You should get between 10-12 scones depending on the size of the cutter.
- Once you have cut all of the scones, place them in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Enjoy the scones fresh from the oven or cooled.