Hello my lovelies, I’m sorry that I’ve been a little quiet lately. I have been moving house and settling into my new city of Chester. I just love it here. Soon I’ll share my new favourite places and once we have some sort of normality back , I’ll create a little Chester vegan food guide.
For today’s recipe I have created an easy gluten free garlic bread. You can have it whipped up in no time and the ingredients are all readily available.
Vegan, Gluten Free Garlic Bread
This free from garlic bead, is deliciously thin and crispy. It's the perfect starter or accompaniment to your favourite Italian home cooked meals.
- 150 g gluten free plain flour (I use ‘Doves Farm’)
- 165 g of plant based natural yoghurt (My favorite is ‘Sojade’)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp of salt
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp baking powder GARLIC BUTTER
- 1 tsp dairy free butter ( I use Violife)
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
Don’t forget to add a Pinch of Kindness
- Preheat your oven to 180 C / 350 F / Gas Mark 4.
- In a medium bowl, add the flour, garlic powder, baking powder, salt, xanthan gum and mix together.
- Next add the yoghurt to the dry ingredients and mix together to make a ball of dough. It shouldn’t take too much mixing and the dough should hold together. Add extra flour if still sticky
- Split the dough into two equal pieces and roll each into a ball.
- Place a frying pan on to the heat and brush with a thin layer of oil.
- Place one dough ball in the center of the grease proof paper. Place the second piece of paper on top and roll the dough into an 8-10″ circle.
- Flour the surface and roll the dough into an 8-10 “ pizza base and place into the frying pan.
- Cook the bread on each side until it starts to become golden and slightly puffs up. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Place the golden bread onto a baking rack and repeat the process for the second half of the dough.
- Once your breads are ready to bake, mix together the garlic butter ingredients and spread generously over the top of the bread.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until golden and starting to crisp.
- Once cooked, carefully remove from the oven and enjoy.
- If you want to make cheesy garlic bread, just add a sprinkle of cheese before you bake the bread in the oven.