Hello everyone! I have a new recipe to share with you today. This was one I made on the live cookalong shows I did with The Vegan Chef School. The courgette fritters were definitely a favourite and I had lots of postitive feedback about them. So I had to share this recipe with my lovely followers too! I’ll post the video under the recipe if you want to see how I made the courgette fritters and tzatziki.
Have a happy day filled with kindness everyone!
These fritters are so moreish! They are the perfect snack or veggie side for any meal. This creamy, fresh tzatziki sauce can be whipped up in no time and tastes fabulous on salads, wraps or as your favourite dipping sauce. You get two recipes in one today! ENJOY!
- Baked Fritters
- 2 courgettes
- 75g corn
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp flax
- 50g gram flour
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp fresh herbs
- ¼ tsp dill
- black pepper Tzatziki
- 6 tbsp yoghurt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 140g cucumber
- 20g celery
- 1 tsp dill
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
Don’t forget to add a pinch of kindness
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C / 400°F / Gas Mark 6
2. Grate the courgettes onto tea-towel and squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
3. Next, place the courgette into a mixing bowl with the rest of the fritter ingredients and stir until everything is fully combined. The ingredients should be able to be formed into a fritter without falling apart.
4. Using an ice-cream scoop, scoop out the batter and form into a ball using your hands before placing onto a lined baking tray. Gently press the top down to shape each fritter. Bake for 35 minutes, making sure to turn over half way through and bake on the opposite side.
5. While the fritters are baking let’s make the tzatziki. Grate the cucumber onto a tea-towel and squeeze out the water, as you did with the courgette. Then place in a bowl.
6. Finely chop the celery and mix with the cucumber, followed by the yoghurt.
7. After the yoghurt is mixed though, add the rest of the tzatziki ingredients and mix until everything is fully incorporated.
8. Once baked, the fritters will be golden and delicious and ready to eat. Dip them into the Tzatziki and enjoy.